Moran College affiliated to Dibrugarh University is currently running 14 departments ( Science: 5 & Arts: 9 ).
“Striving for Excellence, Serve with Integrity: Moran College”
Moran College's Zoology Department is dedicated to advancing the study of animal biology, behavior, and ecology through high-quality education and research. The department offers a range of courses and research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students, and our faculty are committed to mentoring and supporting students in their academic and professional goals.
Our mission is to foster a deep understanding of animal biology and ecology through teaching, research, and outreach. We strive to educate and inspire the next generation of scientists and leaders in the field of zoology, while contributing to the scientific community's knowledge and understanding of animal life.
Our vision is to be a leading institution in the study of animal biology, ecology, and behavior. We aim to provide innovative and dynamic educational opportunities that prepare students for successful careers in science and related fields. We strive to conduct research that contributes to our understanding of animal life, while also promoting conservation efforts to protect endangered species and their habitats.
1. Provide high-quality education in the field of zoology, including courses, research opportunities, and experiential learning opportunities.
2. Promote the scientific understanding of animal biology, behavior, and ecology through innovative research and scholarly activity.
3. Foster a supportive and inclusive learning environment that values diversity and promotes equity and inclusion.
4. Encourage and support students to pursue careers in science, conservation, and related fields.
5. Contribute to the scientific community's understanding of animal life and promote conservation efforts to protect endangered species and their habitats.
Faculty and Staff:
The Zoology Department has a diverse and experienced faculty and staff who are dedicated to teaching, research, and mentoring. Our faculty are actively engaged in research in a variety of areas, including animal behavior, ecology, physiology, and conservation biology. They bring their expertise and passion for zoology into the classroom, providing students with a dynamic and engaging learning experience.
Department has annual a E-Magazine open for all Students & FacultiesGo to E-Library Portal